Society for Family Health (SFH) Rwanda was established in 2012 following a partnership arrangement between Population Services International (PSI), the Government of Rwanda (through the Ministry of Health) and USAID. Improving the health of the Rwandan communities is our core goal.
We provide the communities with readily accessible life-saving products, accurate health information, and services that empower communities to make informed and healthy choices.
We work in partnership with the Local Communities, Community Based Organisations and Partners to change social and behavioral norms. We work to make sure that good health is accessible to all. SFH’s major interventions are centered on promotion of behavior change practices through innovation in health communication and social marketing in areas related to:
- Malaria Prevention,
- Family Planning/Sexual reproductive health,
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
- Maternal, neonatal and Child Health
- Access to Healthcare
- Non-communicable disease
To use evidence-based health promotion innovations and partnerships to empower Rwandans to improve their health.
Healthier lives for Rwandans.
Our Core Values
- Innovation: We shall promote creativity, innovation and be responsive to the needs of our community by ensuring the use of appropriate and evidence-based approaches in our work.
- Integrity: We are honest and transparent in our dealings. We are committed to objectively assessing our results and are committed to making what we do consistent with what we say.
- Accountability: We shall be accountable for our actions to the relevant stakeholders by being honest, trustworthy and upholding the interest communities and partners.
- Long-Term Commitment: We are determined to serve people with lasting solutions and build lasting partnership to ensure healthier lives for Rwandan people.
- Results Focused: We are committed to measurable health impact.
- Efficiency: We are predisposed to action and averse to bureaucracy, always endeavoring to do things right, with minimal resources to ensure value for money.
- Consumer centered: We seek to co-create and co-design solutions with the user.