We are finally meeting again!
About the Commonwealth Women Forum
The first Commonwealth Women’s Forum (CWF) was held in Malta at the margins of the November 2015 Commonwealth Heads of Government Meetings (CHOGM). The inaugural CWF in Malta was convened as a response to a proposal from the 10th meeting of the Commonwealth Women’s Affairs Meeting of 2013.
The purpose of the CWF is to affirm high-level support and direct top-level policies for gender equality and human rights; for women to be given the opportunity to interact with the Heads of Government; and for the Commonwealth’s gender equality commitments to be higher on the agenda for Heads of Government.
Rwanda expects up to 500 delegates from multigenerational, stakeholder groups, leaders from different sectors, including civil society, youth, activists, academia, influencers, policy-makers, donors, the private sector, and leaders from all sectors in the Commonwealth and globally.
There’s nothing quite like the power of in-person collaboration, engaged discourse and the big ideas generated from these engagements that will shape the shared future of the Commonwealth.
Delivering a Common Future: Transforming for Gender Equality
Serena Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda, 20 – 21 June 2022
20 June 2022
21 June 2022
09h00 – 10h30
Opening Session and Reflections on Gender Equality and Women’s Rights 2020-2030
10h30 – 11h00
Official Photo and Networking Refreshment Break
11h00 – 12h30
Women in leadership: Beyond numbers [Session Lead: CPA]
12h30 – 13h30
13h30 – 15h00
Women’s Economic Empowerment: Breaking the Barriers [Session Lead: CBWN]
15h00 – 15h30
Networking Tea Break
15h30 – 17h30
- Ending Violence Against Women and Girls: Engaging Men [Session Lead – ComSec]
- Intergenerational Celebration [Session Lead – CommonAge]
Celebrate Kigali Gala Dinner
09h00 – 11h00
Gender and Climate Change: interactions & opportunities for progress [Session Leads: CPA & CLGF]
11h00 – 11h30
Networking Tea Break
11h30 – 13h30
- Addressing barriers to Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment - Accounting for Gender Equality [Session Lead: ComSec]
- Human capital development: Building leaders of tomorrow [Session Lead: ComSec]
13h30 – 14h30
14h30 – 16h00
- Peace in the Commonwealth: women’s engagement in security and peace [Session Lead: ComSec]
- Conquering Cervical Cancer in the Commonwealth: Realities, Challenges and Opportunities?[Session Lead: ComSec]